Re: maintaining init files on a [t]csh influenced system

On Sep 7,  5:38pm, Dave Sainty wrote:
} Subject: Re: maintaining init files on a [t]csh influenced system
}
} Barton E. Schaefer writes:
}
} >     alias switch='cat >! /tmp/sw$$ <<\endsw ; doswitch'
}
} Expensive every time you log in!

Yeah, it fits more in the Stupid Zsh Tricks category.  You'll have noticed
from my earlier message that I don't do any such thing in my own startup
files.

} As far as init files are concerned, how about a function doinitfiles()
} that did a [[ /etc/csh.cshrc -nt $HOME/.zsh.cshrc ]]. If true, run a
} conversion (autoloaded!) over /etc/csh.cshrc and save the result as
} .zsh.cshrc, in either case sourcing the new file.

You could start with the c2z script that comes with the zsh dist.  That
converter needs updating -- it was written for zsh2.3 -- but it still
does most of the right things.

--
Bart Schaefer                                      Vice President, Technology
schaefer@xxxxxxxxxx                                Z-Code / NCD Software Inc.

What quantity of engineers is required to rotationally reconfigure an
electronically-actuated filament-enabled photon-wave generator?