Re: Zsh as /bin/sh on Linux?

> A bigger problem (IMO) than worrying about odd sh compatibilities when
> using (trying to use) zsh as /bin/sh under Linux, is all the
> dependancies on Bash featurisms, since bash is the /bin/sh on most
> Linux systems.

Zsh know the extra features that sh scripts under Linux tends to use.  I thing
these are mostly the ${...%...} type substitutions.  I think that this
substitution syntax is part of the POSIX shell specification.  If one wants to
use a lightweight replacement for bash she may also try pdksh which tries to
be posix conformant and know almost everything that bash knows and it is even
faster than that.

Cheers,

Zoltan