RE: need help establishing safety of zsh to sysadmin

>> On Mon, 6 May 1996 13:38:11 -0700 (PDT),
>> unpingco@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jose Unpingco) said:

J> I've been using zsh for over a year now, but it seems that it has
J> recently come to the attention of the sysadmin who wants me to stop using
J> it on the grounds that "it is not a supported shell" on the machines I
J> work on.

So what's the big deal? There's nothing magic about a shell--it's just
another program.  It's not like running zsh will automatically give you SU
priviledges or something.
FWIW, my "real" shell is ksh.  But at the end of my .profile, I have:
"exec ${HOME}/local/bin/zsh -l"

We have folks here who in essence use emacs as their shell, and others who
essentially use netscape as their shell.

-30- Ray