Re: zsh-2.6beta20 doesn't compile under Linux pre2.0.14

Hello Zoltan,

Thank you for your quick patch.

As Steven L Baur <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> noticed in
<m2hgsjimn9.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, RLIMIT_AS is only defined
in <asm/resource.h> but not yet used in the kernel.

>[...].  Also a new flag should be invented to set this limit with ulimit.
>Please tell me your suggestions.

RLIMIT_AS is only defined for the Intel, Alpha and Mips architectures.

<asm-i386/resource.h> and <asm-alpha/resource.h> have no RLIMIT_VMEM,
and <asm-mips/resource.h> has the following definition:

#define RLIMIT_VMEM     6               /* mapped memory */
#define RLIMIT_AS       RLIMIT_VMEM

So it seems that 'ulimit -v' and 'limit vmemorysize' are the right commands
to control the new resource limit.
Anyway, I would recommend you to ask the gurus in the linux-kernel list
about the intended implementation of the "address space limit".

Cheers,
Johannes

--
Johannes Kroeger		<jkroeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Send me mail with subject "send pgp-key" to get my PGP key