Re: zsh 3pre2: carriage return in prompt

Zoltan Hidvegi on Thu, 11 Jul 1996 wrote:
> But really using $(echo "\n") is a quite expensive solution. It
> requires a fork().  You can just simply write
>
> PROMPT='[%h] [OLD: $OLDPWD] [CURRENT: %~]
> '
>
> If you use csh_junkie_paren, turn it of, or put a backslash at the
> end of the line.

Strange, this will work at the commandline, but not if I put it in the .zshenv.

I've turned off the csh-stuff and even tried the backslash, I don't know what else to try, so for now I'm still using an old zsh....

System: NeXT 3.2 m68k

TjL

Timothy J. Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxx>
NeXTMail adored! (MIME/SUN also accepted)
Now in infancy: http://www.nerc.com/~luomat