Re: zsh 3.0 pre6 VERY slow on nextstep 3.2

On Aug 4,  9:12pm, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:
} Subject: zsh 3.0 pre6 VERY slow on nextstep 3.2
}
} This newest version of the Z-shell is very slow.... How slow?  I
} can see each character as the cursor draws the PROMPT and as it
} redraws old history lines (up arrow).
}
} Is anyone else noticing this on their OS?

I'm not, on Linux, but I've only been using pre6 since a few minutes ago.

Did you compile with debugging and zsh_mem and so forth?  To what previous
version are you comparing it (so we know what changes to re-examine)?

The only recent change that would have any conceivable effect on this is
that all references to the variable `columns' in display update code have
been replaced by the ternary expression `(columns < 1 ? 80 : columns)'.
But your compiler would have to be doing something really awful for that
to have any noticable effect.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: