saving history file based on # of commands

[ I thought I sent this before, but perhaps not]

I am looking for a way to automatically save the history file after
every X number of commands entered (say 50), not based on time
(like periodic).

Someone showed me how to do this once before but it has since been
eaten by the little gremlin living near my hard drive.... It's a bad
neighborhood.

TjL

Timothy J. Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxx>       http://www.nerc.com/~luomat
          My USENET feed is slow and not very reliable