Re: Colors

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Scott RoLanD wrote:

> I just started using color-ls with a color-xterm last month, and I'm
> addicted to it now.
>
> But now when I use tab compeltion in zsh for cd and ls it feels weak.
>
> What I'd like is for:
> 	less d<tab>
>
> to look exactly the same as:
> 	ls -d d*
>
> Is it in theory possible to do the above with compctl? If not how
> might we add it?
>
> Zsh currently supports making the prompts bold, etc. Has anyone played
> with trying to give them certain colors?

As for the completion listing's being colorized, I posted the patch here a
couple weeks ago.  It's still at my web site:

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gjb/patches/ZshColorPostPrompt.patch

Be sure to read ZSh3-Patches.Announce.txt in the same directory.

Let me know if you've problems.  Enjoy.

Greg J. Badros
gjb@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gjb