alias -x?

Hi,

Our environment requires that I "dot" some scripts that
export aliases (as in ksh alias -x).

o What is the difference between zsh global aliases and ksh exported aliases?
o As far as I can tell, if alias ignored the -x flag, I would be able
  to continue to use zsh without the pain that I have to put up with now.
  If I had to, where could I change the zsh source that I have to make
  it ignore the -x flag?
o Other alternatives?  Did I miss some detail in the documentation/FAQ that
  answers my question?

Thanks!

--
Julio Garcia - julio@xxxxxxxxx - http://spyder.fc.hp.com/julio/