Re: Mailpath notification message

Rusty Hoover wrote:
> Shouldn't this line:
>
> 	export MAILPATH="~/.mailspool/rusty:~/Mail/z?Zsh mail."
>
> 			in my .zshenv give me, whenever i return to my
> command-line prompt, the message: "Zsh mail." ?
>
> It doesn't. What am i doing wrong? Do i need spaces around the question
> mark?

The mistake is that the ~'s are quoted, so don't expand to your home
directory: try `echo ~ "~"' and you will see what I mean.  You need
something like:

export MAILPATH=~/.mailspool/rusty:~/Mail/z'?Zsh mail.'

(zsh does know about assignments and colons when expanding ~'s).  This
is partly my fault:  I had something in the FAQ when the shell was
rationalised to quote tildes in this sort of place, but deleted it
when I thought it was no longer necessary.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413