Re: pipes and redirection

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> The correct answer, if you have a recent version of zsh, is
3.0.0

> to `setopt nomultios' before trying the above.  Zsh's multio feature
> is redirecting stdout both to test and to the pipe.  It's a little
> counterintuitive here, as has been pointed out before.  The option
> appeared some time mid 2.6beta.

I considered that the problem was that I had `setopt multios', then I checked
by typing `setopt' and `multios' was NOT on the list, so I figured from that
that I DIDN'T have the multios feature turned on.  Then I tried `setopt
nomultios' as above and it worked.  Why did I have to set that explicitly?

Thank you very much for your help!
--
Gerry
Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@xxxxxxxxxxx> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379