Re: weird terminal behavior (moving 4-places at a time)

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> A funny behaviour occurs sometime that I never saw on bash: when editing
> the command line or going through history with the arrow keys, the
> cursor's moves become jerky. When you keep pressing the key the cursor
> seems to move four spaces at a time. Yet the strangest thing is that it
> occurs sometimes and then goes away...

I always assumed this to be X11-Protocol, or some terminal-driver or
daemon interaction, as it is the more prominent the longer/slower the line
is on which you are connected. I see the same behavior for many tools as
telnet, rlogin, ssh. (It might be connected to the curses library ?)

> Keep up the great shell...
Well, I definitely agree on that !

Your's  Stucki

Christoph von Stuckrad       * *  | talk to  | <stucki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin    |/_* | nickname | ...!unido!fub!leibniz!stucki|
Fachbereich Mathematik, EDV  |\ * | 'stucki' | Tel:+49 30 838-7545{9|8}    |
Arnimallee 2-6/14195 Berlin  * *  |  on IRC  | Fax:+49 30 838-5913        /