Re: Strange behaviour if zsh starts with a TERM that is unknown

C. v. Stuckrad wrote:
:By 'messing up' my zsh-setup I found a strangely different behaviour
:of the following two cases:
:1) Normal setup TERM=something_existing
:      zsh starts and ZLE works,
:   NOW I SET TERM to something unknown,
:      (I get an errormessage)
:      Single-Line-ZLE works

OK, at least that works correctly.

:2) STARTUP of a zsh with UNKNOWN TERM
:      *** NO ZLE WORKS (correctly) ***
:      - delete (backspace) echo 'BLANKs' and move RIGHT !
:      - ^U echos as many blanks as there wee typed chars
:      - ^L rewrites the 'Line', but without Newline/Carriage-Return

I remember doing something about this recently - someone (you?) reported
this a while back.  I must not have sent a patch in.  My brain has done too
much milage and needs an overhaul.
--
Geoff Wing [gwing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]   Technical Manager
  Phone    : +61-3-9818 2977	     PrimeNet - Internet Consultancy