Re: How to kill string but leave it in history?

   Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:59:45 +0300 (MSK)
   From: Andrej Borsenkow <borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx>

   So - is there any way to cancel current command line but leave it in
   history?

Using emacs-mode I simple go to the beginning of the line (c-A), then
quote the line (ESC-') and write echo before it and execute it. Thus
it isn't executed but in the history and it's easy to retrieve.
Nothing fancy but works for me.

	--jc

--
   E-Mail: christoffel@xxxxxx or one of {ftp,news,web}master@xxxxxx
   GMD - German National Research Center for Information Technology

GMD pays for my technical expertise. My opinions probably scare them...