Re: How to kill string but leave it in history?

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:40:54 +0000 (GMT), Zefram <zefram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>>
>> So - is there any way to cancel current command line but leave it in
>> history?
>
> This is exactly what pound-insert is for.  I use it often.

It doesn't work for multiline commands, though.  Here's a binding (set
up for vi mode) which works if none of the editing lines were zsh-forced
continuations (which I don't understand, seems like a bug):

    bindkey -a -s q '\M-xpush-input\C-maread -z _buf; print -s $_buf\C-m'

Which reminds me, it has always bugged me that if zsh creates a
continuation line (like

    $ print "foo<return>
    dquote> _

) I can't go from the dquote> line back up to the first line (my
workaround is to get onto a blank line and interrupt, then pull up the
history).  Is it just me?  Is there a way not to have this happen?

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@xxxxxxxx