Re: Unidentified subject!

Uli Zappe wrote:
>I am porting a large and complex sh-script to zsh because I need
>the ability of zsh to deal with German Umlauts. While after some
>effort most everything works, I have encountered the following
>strange problem:
[standard field splitting problem]

By default, zsh's behaviour is not completely compatible with sh.  If
you want to just run a sh script under zsh, put the command "emulate
sh" at the beginning of the script, and it should work.  If you'd
rather rewrite the script to do things the zsh way, you should use
arrays throughout for storing lists of filenames.

-zefram