Re: Exiting zsh with jobs in background

Andrew J Cosgriff <Andrew.Cosgriff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On the small number of occasions I actually i) log out, and ii) have
> jobs running, and hence get the warning, I just disown them.

But the warning doesn't happen only in login shells.  Each time I
press C-d in my xterm or screen terminal, I get the warning.  Note
that the warning really is unnecessary because the nohup is set, so
zsh will do nothing about the jobs.

> If I was really keen, maybe I'd have done something in .zlogout to
> disown all my running jobs.

Yes, you can do that, but the goal of the patch was to enhance the
default behaviour for a casual user.  I know one can get all of it
through .zlogout.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xxxxxxx> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia