Re: strange xterm/vi/arrow_key behavior

Andrew Wheeler wrote:
> using an xterm, the arrow keys work fine; however, if I 'vi' in that
> window and exit the arrow recall no longer works - I get a single

The ti termcap sequence changes the escape sequence sent by the arrow keys
on some terminals.  Try echotc te, it may get your cursor keys working
again.  In that case echotc ti will have the same effect as vi, ie. the
arrow keys will stop working after echotc ti.  If that's the case, it is
really a vi bug, since vi should output the te sequence before exiting.

Zoltan