More problems installing zsh on x86

I'm trying to install zsh 3.1.0 on x86, and get the following errors
after running "make".  I'm using gcc.  I didn't have these errors for
any of the other archs I compiled on.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

builtin.c: In function `bin_fc':
builtin.c:1563: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
builtin.c: In function `bin_print':
builtin.c:3163: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
exec.c: In function `readoutput':
exec.c:2098: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c: In function `savehistfile':
hist.c:1484: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c:1486: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c:1538: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `init_shout':
init.c:318: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `setupvals':
init.c:573: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
init.c: In function `init_misc':
init.c:703: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `source':
init.c:739: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
loop.c: In function `execselect':
loop.c:142: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
signals.c: In function `install_handler':
signals.c:70: storage size of `act' isn't known
signals.c:70: warning: unused variable `act'
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `signals.o'
Current working directory /home/talley/src/zsh-3.1.0/Src
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Src'