Re: command not found, but it's right there!

On Aug 24,  7:35pm, Timothy J Luoma wrote:
} Subject: command not found, but it's right there!
}
} Can someone help me figure out why ZSH is telling me there is no such file?
}
} NOTE: the script in question calls '/usr/local/bin/perl' and
} 	my system has perl at /usr/bin/perl

Well, that's the reason.

All zsh knows is that the OS returned a no-such-file error code; it does
not know that the reason is because the OS was unable to find the file
named in the #! line.  So it prints the file name that it does know --
the name of the perl script -- and the error message from the OS.  The
conjunction of the two is unfortunately misleading.