Re: zsh as root login

Tim Writer <Tim.Writer@xxxxxxxxxx> écrit :

> Agreed.  But I'm curious as to why you (Marc Baudoin) even want zsh
> statically linked.

Just to be able to log in as root while my computer in booted
single user, as only / is mounted and root's shell is zsh.

> I prefer to keep root dead simple, using /bin/sh without evan a
> .profile.

Why?  When you're logged as root, you also use ed instead of vi
to keep it simple? :-)

As I manage a lot of machines remotely, I like to have a good
shell for root (who still uses sh without beeing bothered?) and I
don't want to have many uid 0 accounts.  So root's shell is zsh
and it needs to be static so I can log in where I'm in front of
the computer and it's booted single user.

--
Marc Baudoin   -=-   <Marc.Baudoin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Security On-Line software