Re: zsh as root login

Tim Writer wrote on Wed August 27, at 19:20 -0400:
> I prefer to keep root dead simple, using /bin/sh without evan a
> .profile.  In an emergency, I can (almost) always login as root.  For
> day to day administration, I have a second root account (uid 0 but a
> different login name) which has zsh and a full set of startup files as
> its login shell.

That's sort of what I like to do to.  I export ZDOTDIR in my user
shell, and use this function for su:
function su {
  command su ${*:--c zsh}
}

It gives my a nice root shell when I su, without annoying the rest
of wheel with the extra uid 0 account.  It may not suit your needs
depending on how paranoid you are with your regular zsh configuration,
and how paranoid you want to be as root ;-)

cheers
,dunc
--
Duncan Sargeant  -  metacitizen  -  http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~dunc/