Re: zsh always resets LINES to 24.

On Sep 3,  9:27am, Andrew Main wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh always resets LINES to 24.
}
} Better solution: when setting LINES or COLUMNS, use the appropriate
} ioctl to set the tty window size to the user-specified value.

I'm not sure that's really a good idea.  If I start an xterm with one
geometry from inside an xterm with a different geometry, I don't want
zsh trying to change the size of the second one to match the first.

Just believe what the user tells you and leave the rest alone.