Re: Zsh question (more smileys in the prompt)

C. v. Stuckrad wrote:
>AND I have a problem with LINUX-console color-prompts which
>on being redrawn by (eg.: ^L at the top of the screen)
>loose a blank and then edit of by one (no idea where this comes from).
>
>Any ideas how %{...ansi-color-sequences...} might differ in length
>between the first time it is done (_typed_) and all the latter times
>when it's _redrawn_ to be edited ?

The only phenomenon I've seen that behaves like that is nothing to
do with escape sequences in the prompt.  In zsh version up to 3.1.2,
if the `correct' length of the prompt changes -- e.g., if you have
the corrent directory in the prompt and then change directory -- then
ZLE can think the prompt has changed length without actually changing
what's on the screen.  Could that be happening here?  (This bug is fixed
in 3.1.2-zefram3.)

If that's not it, could you post your prompt setting please?

-zefram