backing up with zsh

I am trying to use the zsh to back my webpages.
I just want to backup text files, ie no pictures.

They webpages all reside in "~/.P".  The pictures are within ~/.P/pics/ -
excluding this one dir is not a problem, but the problem is that some of
the pictures are scattered across the subdir of ~/.P still.
How do I exclude these pictures?

Possible filename extensions for pictures are:  bmp gif jpg jpeg
But how do I specify these as case insensitive?
Do I have to list all possible combinations of upper- and lowercase spelling?

Should I use zsh's globbing at all?
Or should I exclude filename with gtar's "-X File" feature?

	gtar cvvzf /tmp/guckes.web.980417.tar.gz ~/.P -X files.exclude

I may also need a restriction for file size (for all files), say 100K at most.
Is that possible?

Any hints?

Sven