Re: Perl and ZSH

On Apr 18,  9:53am, TGAPE! wrote:
} Subject: Re: Perl and ZSH
}
} >On 17 Apr 1998, Karsten Thygesen wrote:
} >
} >btw is there a cvs repository for zsh?
}
} Not that I know of[1]; what's wrong with RCS?  You have it on your
} system if you have CVS.  Since CVS uses RCS to do its work, it should be
} trivial to convert.
}
} [1] Though Bart Schaefer might know better.

I don't know of any cvs repository for zsh either (well, except my own,
which is only 3.0.x and littered with local experiments and selectively-
applied patches from zsh-workers).

You can make RCS'd sources accessible through CVS just by dropping the ,v
files into a directory tree under a new or existing CVS repository root;
but manipulating any RCS branch revisions probably won't work becaus CVS
uses a very particular branch numbering scheme.  To do it "right" you'd
have to check out each RCS revision and then import it into CVS, to make
a CVS revision history that matches the original RCS one.

You'd be better off to simply select a stable starting point, import that,
and begin to use CVS exclusively from there.