an idea for a nice use of --flag_whatever ?

I don't know if this would help new unix users.
What do you think about doing completions for most commands that use
the long-flags of many of the gnuish programms?
Could this improve living for new users or is this just
the wrong way?
I tend to think, it really could improve things!

I personally never use the long style  nor do i know anyone who does,
because it takes too long to
write it down but the useful zsh-completion could make
it possible to understand the flags much better for
beginning users of commands.

Has there ever been attempts to write completions, that use
the self-explaining flags like
--help,  --version and so on for many commands?

What would be a good start of such a project?

ps: a tool in tk would be cool for people to learn how to
	program compctls, too.