Re: Backticks In zshenv

Typing away merrily, Bart Schaefer produced the immortal words:
> I ended up replacing `id -u` with $EUID and haven't seen any further
> problems.  I'd assumed it was something about the "id" program.
>
> I suspect zsh is getting some kind of a signal -- perhaps SIGWINCH? --
> which is interrupting the read on the command substitution.

This makes sense.  When using zsh on Solaris, with a hack to start it
from /bin/sh, I found that resizing xterms during logon would sometimes
fail to set COLUMNS and LINES; I put this down to the weird setup and
just made sure I didn't resize.

I think it would have been: eval $(resize)

HTH
--
--> Phil Pennock ; GAT d- s+:+ a22 C++(++++) UL++++/I+++/S+++/H+ P++@ L+++
E-@ W(+) N>++ o !K w--- O>+ M V !PS PE Y+ PGP+ t-- 5++ X+ R !tv b++>+++ DI+ D+