Re: Strange behaviour of zsh-3.1.5 on IRIX 6.2

Hi Zefram, Helmut and all,

> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> >I would appreciate very much if someone could say a word to the strange
> >behaviour of ZSH since version 3.1.3 (on IRIX 6.2)
> >
> >I am running here 3.1.2 for a long time now and it's very stable (except
> >some minor buglets)
>
> Please try building and installing 3.1.2 again, the same way you are
> building and installing 3.1.5.  It seems much more likely that this is
> a problem with a specific machine, rather than a specific zsh version.
>
> Is anyone else using IRIX?

yes I am. 3.1.5 compiles and runs just fine on Solaris 2.5.1. It
compiles under IRIX 6.4 but I see similar problems to Helmut....

For instance,

3:10PM arif@amethyst% ./Src/zsh -f /tmp/z
/tmp/z: unmatched ' [2]
3:10PM arif@amethyst% cat /tmp/z

PS1='%t %n@%m%# '

3:10PM arif@amethyst%

The version I am successfully running on IRIX at the moment is 3.1.2
and that runs the file just fine.

3:10PM arif@amethyst% zsh -f /tmp/z
3:10PM arif@amethyst%

I can try to look into it - suggestions of where to start?

			Anthony.

--
Anthony R Iano-Fletcher        Anthony.Iano-Fletcher@xxxxxxx
                               http://cbel.cit.nih.gov/~arif