Irix grief

More Irix grief with zsh....

I'm using Irix 6.5 on an O2 workstation with the Irix cc compiler ( not gcc ).
I've got gawk installed as per the suspected signals bug. Everything seems to
configure and compile OK ( bar a bunch of warnings ), but executing the shell
is problematic.

First off, setting the prompt seems to result in chunks of the .zshrc file
being displayed afterwards.

Secondly, typing a space results in ^` being printed instead.

Thirdly, large script files don't seem to parse correctly.

I've tried out zsh version 3.0.4, 3.1.2, 3.1.4 and 3.1.5. All behave similarly.
Anyone got any ideas? Anyone got any functional Irix binaries?

Regards.

A.

--
Alligator Descartes      | ``Reality Architecture: Building 3D Worlds In Java
descarte@xxxxxxxxxxxx    |   and VRML'' -- Alligator Descartes, Martin McCarthy