Re: PWD in prompt

On 5 February 1999, Shawn Leas writes:
 > On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Matthew Lovell wrote:
 >

 > > I'm having an odd problem with zsh-3.1.5.  My prompt definition is
 > > basically as follows:
 > >
 > >  # set the prompt
 > >  PROMPT=$(print "\%n\@\%m:\%~\\n%1v%% ");
 >
 > Why the print statement?? Here's my whole setup, uncluding
 > xterm title setting...

The prompt I gave is not my actual prompt.  I typically include other
variables (color escape codes, set earlier in the script depending on
the value of TERM) which need to get interpolated before the
assignment to PROMPT.

As an interim solution, I've just unset autonamedirs.

--

Matthew Lovell                       voice: (970) 898-6264
Hewlett-Packard WSL                    fax: (970) 898-2510