Re: Terminal problem with linux-2.0.34

Larry P . Schrof <schrof@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > zsh-3.1.[245] (didn't test other versions). If I start zsh from within
> > screen, everything is OK... Strange problem with terminal emulation? I
> > don't know... I tried $TERM={xterm, vt300, linux}, nothing worked...
> > I tried with "setopt zle" and with "unsetopt zle", always the same
> > problem... what's going on here?
>
> Remember - the problem seems to be very correlated to how deep your
> zsh shell is - SHLVL. (If indeed this is the same problem)

Seems to be a different problem... if I don't run screen, the problem is
there no matter how deep SHLVL is (I tried up to 4), wheras in screen,
the problem isn't there...

> If you're firing up screen first and then running zsh, SHLVL will be
> one higher than normal. Out of curiosity, what is the uptime on that
> box?

The problem is there on several linux boxes - uptimes:

janix~> uptime
 10:02am  up 13 days, 17:15,  9 users,  load average: 2.12, 2.10, 2.12
picard~> uptime
 10:03am  up 1 day, 15:30,  5 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.22, 0.08
willkuere~> uptime
 10:05am  up 187 days, 16:09h,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Seems to be a problem with zsh and dxterm (aka DEC term).

> - Larry

CU,
Thomas

--