Re: bug in cd

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 10:43:51AM +0000, Pascal Byrne wrote:
# I've think I've found a bug in 3.0.5 and 3.1.5 when trying to cd into
# directories whose names have a space on the end. When I try changing to the
# directory using tab completion 3.0.5, "enters" the directory but actually
# displays the contents of the root directory. 3.1.5 doesn't recognise the
# directory exists at all.
#
# pbyrne@iesu87:~[17]% echo "$ZSH_VERSION"
# 3.0.5
# pbyrne@iesu87:~[18]% mkdir "Shell Scripts"
# pbyrne@iesu87:~[19]% cd Shell \Scripts \/

You have the backslashes in the wrong place.
I have tried to create directories with spaces at beginning, end and
middle.  zsh will cd into them and ls gives a correct listing.
This is with 3.1.5.

# pbyrne@iesu87:~/Shell Scripts [20]% ls
# Mail.rc        copywptg6      kernel         opt            sendmail.pid
# test           vol02
# .
# .
# pbyrne@iesu87:~/Shell Scripts [21]% df -k .
# Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
# /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol   492871  286715  156876    65%    /
# pbyrne@iesu87:~/Shell Scripts [22]% cd ..
# pbyrne@iesu87:~[23]% zsh3.1.5
# pbyrne@iesu87:~[1]% cd Shell\ Scripts\
# cd: no such file or directory: Shell Scripts
#
# Thanks,
# pascal