Re: Installing zsh

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 10:34:48AM -0600, Ryan Colvin wrote:
> I am currently trying to install zsh on my Solaris box. I am not able to
> complete the install because of the following errors:
>
> # make install
> rm -f stamp-modobjs.tmp
> sh: zshpaths.h.tmp: cannot create
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `zshpaths.h'
> Current working directory /home/rccolvin/Shells/zsh-3.1.5/Src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `modobjs'
> Current working directory /home/rccolvin/Shells/zsh-3.1.5/Src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install.bin'
>
> Can anyone share some insight on why this is happening and what I need to do to
> correct these errors?

	assuming the hash as your prompt means that you are running
`make install' as root, my first guess would be that your home
directory is nfs-mounted, and you are thus being denied write
permission to it as root (since root over nfs maps to nobody).
try making your working dir world writeable if that is the
case.

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University