Re: zsh startup files

> This makes things rather complicated; there's no fundamental difficulty,
> but I'd prefer to keep it clean.  The idea is not that you're at war with
> the sysadmin, who's supposed to make it easy for users to set their own
> preferences.  But if this is popular enough...

No.  /etc/zshrc is too often misused (and the "supposed" is of paramount
importance in the above sentence).
Actually, now that I think about it, why do we even need all those /etc/z*
files ?  It seems that all except for either /etc/zprofile or /etc/zshenv
should be kept empty in all but really unusual circumstances (in which case
you can still use zshenv for the same purpose).

I guess I could live with just NO_GLOBAL_RCS that I would
set in my .zshenv although it won't do me any good as a sysadmin.

Now, how can I simulate NO_GLOBAL_RCS (I don't want to wait for my
sysadmins to install a newer zsh version) ?

How can I determine from .zshenv whether or not .zshrc (and .zprofile)
would be sourced if NO_RCS wasn't set ?

	Stefan