How do *you* sync your zsh config files?

Anyone else in this situation:

I use zsh on 6 different accounts on 4 different machines (4 different
versions of zsh, 3 different OSes)

I'm constantly finding that I've added an alias on one account and want to
use it on the others, but the machines are not such that I could make them
identical (at least two different $USERNAMEs, and on 2 of the machines I
don't have root access.... one of them I don't even have access to 'cc' or
'gcc' to build a more recent version of zsh).

Does anyone else have advice on trying to keep these 4 separate accounts
somewhat in sync, so I don't have to re-write every new function over and
over again?

I once tried a 'zlocal' file that I would keep all my local configurations,
and keep everything else current, but that didn't work.

I'm getting to the point of dumping everything in one big .zshenv (global
config files are empty in most of these cases) but that's not really what I'd
prefer... I like having my aliases/bindkeys/completions/etc all in different
files, in case of an editing mistake in one file it is easier to locate and
fix.

TjL