Word motions (was Re: Call for opinions)

On Jun 13, 12:13am, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: Re: Call for opinions on a couple of prospective zsh patches
}
} On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > I've long been using
} > 	bindkey -s '^[f' '^[E^F'
}
} That just beeps at me when I decided to see what you were doing
} there.  Is ^[E bound to "go to end of word"?

Oh, yeah.  ^[E is bound to vi-forward-word-end.  For some reason I forgot
that isn't the default.  (That's how long I've been using it ...)

} I've always been quite happy with the emacs-* commands:
}
} 	bindkey '^[b' emacs-backward-word
} 	bindkey '^[f' emacs-forward-word
}
} Perhaps this does the same thing?

Mine treats dots, hyphens, underscores and so on as word separators, which
emacs-*-word do not (unless I drop them from WORDCHARS, in which case too
many other things treat them as word separators).  But the intent is to
place the cursor on the word separator, which emacs-forward-word does; I'd
forgotten that zle-command existed.