Re: PROMPT

Couple of things.

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 11:27:42AM +0200, Oliver Grimm wrote:
> I do have a strange problem with the PROMPT variable, persisting since
> some time. After upgrading to Linux 6.1, the command

I'm assuming you mean "Redhat 6.1". There are plenty of other brands
of Linux with their own version numbers. :)

> 'PROMPT  Hallo' does not change the prompt anymore.

PROMPT is a shell parameter, so you want to set it in the supported,
standard way. (Regardless of what other syntactical methods work or
don't work). In zsh, the way I do this is

PROMPT=<SOME_STRING>