Re: can't get cd completion to work on solaris 2.6

Qiwei Xiao wrote:

> Greetings to everyone on the list...

Tag!

> I have a problem which has been buffling me for quite a
> while. Basically I cannot get the following simple
> completion to work:
>
> compctl -g '*(-/)' cd
>
> I have gotten most of other completions to work as
> described on the manpages and tutorials. But this
> one simply refuses to work. When I hit "cd <tab>",
> it just generates a beep and nothing happens. This
> is on Solaris 2.6 for both Sparc and x86. BTW, I
> don't have this problem in Linux.
>
> So is this a bug or what else can I do to figure out
> what is wrong?

There are only two things I can think of. The first one is the UCB-lib
problem on Solaris mentioned in Etc/MACHINES. The other one is that
you tried `cd <TAB>' in a directory without sub-directories -- but I'm
sure you have taken care of that...

Hm. Dunno.

Bye
 Sven