Re: different kind of glob_complete?

Will Day wrote:

> A short time ago, at a computer terminal far, far away, Sven Wischnowsky wr=
> ote:
> >And, of course for the new completion system it's already there, just
> >use the `_match' completer with a configuration of `match_original=3Donly'
> >or `match_original=3Dyes'.
> >
> >So, yes, the code in tricky.c can do this now (this was added in
> >5871), but I didn't change the behavior of compctl-style completion.
> >We could add an option to allow this for it, but should we? Or may
> >this be an incentive to go to the new completion system?
>
> I haven't been keeping up with the discussion about the new completion, so
> I'm not familiar with how it works differently.  Perhaps, indeed, this is a
> good incentive for me to check it out.  As an intro example, how would I go
> about configuring the behavior I was looking for?

You just install the completion system as described at the top of the
`zshcompsys' manual page and after that add this to your .zshrc:

  compconf completer=_complete:_match \
           match_original=yes

which gives the behaviour to first try it without inserting a `*' and
if that fails, it will try completion again with a `*' inserted at the
cursor position.

This configuration key is desribed at the description for the `_match'
completer in `zshcompsys'.

Bye
 Sven