Re: various completion queries

Benjamin Korvemaker (benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Ooooh.. I'm *SO* glad I asked before hacking this time. I'm much
> happier leaving the shell internals alone. The big questions now:

[...]

> 2) When there are too many completions, and a prompt like
>
> zsh: do you wish to see all 102 possibilities?
>
>    shows up, can I simply get it to:
>     a) not prompt,
>     b) not list, and
>     c) maybe say "**lotsa completions - not listing**"

      d) list the completion groups and the number of matches in each,
         and then let you choose which group to complete from.

Selecting completion groups would be a nice feature in any case.

I might have a go at hacking some of these, but will probably fail and
have to wait for Sven to get back.  I'm away this w/e myself, however.