Re: two completion questions

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>If you're using the new function-based completion in 3.1.6, it's going to
>require some editing of the _path_files completer.  Hey, Sven, do you (or
>any other zsh-workers) remember the rationale for this handling of ".."?

Globbing and completion never generate "." or ".." components; they are
filtered out in zreaddir().  The reason for this is that they are pretty
much never what you want.  If you have files named ".foo" and ".bar",
then type "." and press tab, are "." and ".." really what you want to
complete to?  Maybe there should be an option to complete to "." and
".." just like normal filenames, but I think the default should very
definitely stay as being the current behaviour.

-zefram