Re: rm -r

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 07:52:29PM +0100, fg wrote:

> >     rm -f **/*.o(^/) will work if you've doing 'setopt EXTENDED_GLOB', too.
> > (That'll remove all files which end in .o recursively, and exclude all *.o
> > files which are directories).
>
> Gee, this makes me look at "find" like an easy-to-use program ;)

    [advocacy] Actually, the only reason I don't know how to use find is
because of zsh.  Since it's my shell wherever I'm at, I tend to type stuff
like that in all the time :).  Once you've learnt the basic globbing stuff
(?, *, [], {}), the extended glob options are brilliant.. *(@) and a few
others in particular are so useful!  If you don't know them yet, I'd highly
advise learning them.

--
: Andre Pang <andrep@xxxxxxxxxxx> - Purruna Pty Ltd - ph# 0411.882299 :
:               #ozone - http://www.vjolnir.org/ozone/                :