Re: Prompt expansion, multi-job for

Kevin Sullivan wrote:
> I use 8hz-mp3 instead of l3enc and I use 'wait'. It is
> granted simplistic. But then again took about 1 min to think up and 2
> min to write. I added a bunch of worthless printing but this has
> worked well for some 20Gig of mp3(s) and growing...

The trouble with wait is that it will wait for all the jobs to finish - there is no way to get it to wait for the first job to finish so you are setting 4 jobs off, waiting for them all to finish and doing the next 4 instead of doing the next each time a job finishes. Your solution is certainly nice and simple but it won't utilise multiple processors as well. If all the jobs are going to take roughly similar time then this makes less of a difference.

Oliver