Re: zsh tips for "UNIX Power Tools"

On Mar 4,  4:38pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh tips for "UNIX Power Tools"
}
} show_mode is a function; fiddle with it.  E.g. pass the number of lines
} to move up as a second argument, or pass that second argument only when
} in the prompt and don't move up a line when $# > 1, or ...

I just noticed a problem with this that I should have remembered: zsh
issues a clear-to-eol at every newline in a multiline prompt, so the
prompt will erase anything that's printed before it is drawn.

Thomas's sleep run from precmd appears to be the only workaround for
this, so I apologize for second-guessing.