Re: Intercepting commands before they're run

On 13 April 2000 at 12:57, Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just been experimenting with the MH mail system to see if it will
> do what I hope. In mush I can just type a message number to see a
> message so I tried to think of a way to persuade zsh to do this.

This isn't answering your exact question, Oliver.  But one easy way to
do this is to make a little shell script with multiple links to it
named 1, 2, 3, etc.  The shell script gets its name and runs
"shoe <myname>" (like "show 1", "show 2", etc.).  Very slick.
See http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/mh/wgiafw1l.htm .

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, jpeek@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.jpeek.com/