3.1.7-pre-1

The first test release of 3.1.7, 3.1.7-pre-1 is now (or shortly will be) in
the development directory at the main zsh archive,
  ftp://ftp.zsh.org/zsh/development/zsh-3.1.7-pre-1.tar.gz
As it's been under continuous test for some time, with no substantial
changes for a month or two, this ought to be pretty stable.

This means it's now time to start smoothing the remaining rough corners of
for the release, which I hope will be the last before 4.0.1.  In
particular, information about builds on all manner of machines and with all
manner of options would be appreciated.

As is traditional, I personally will be away for the next week.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx