Re: is the reference card for zsh still 3.0 ?

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 12:27:02PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> I haven't updated it because it was a lot of work (mostly doing the
> formatting, assembling the info wasn't so hard) and I didn't get a lot of
> messages like this one; it's going back a long time now.  This has at least
> prompted me to recover it in case the old web site goes; I should move it
> to sunsite.auc.dk.
it is at least better than nothing. I took the `mpage -dp'
approach and so was able to reduce the size so it nearly was a
card again. A big one, but what does one expect of a ZSH
reference card ? :)
> Calling it a `card' is probably a breach of the Trades Desriptions Act.
> It's six pages as it is and it's not going to get any shorter.
But consider your marvelous user guide and it's _hundreds_ of pages
when it will be finished. THATS the difference.
When I consider that and the big, big manual pages which have
20878 lines I guess there is no other chance for an overview.
Okay they have lots of "\n" inside.
 `man zshall | col -b | tr -s "\n" | wc -l' gets me : 14576
 (Is there anybody that loves to do tr -s "\n" in this case? :) )

So i guess it remains to be _necessary_ even if it is no guide.

Matthias

--
And in the end the love you take
is equal to the love you make