Re: Problem with zsh & vi

Debasis Das wrote:
>	I am a new user to zsh . I have a problem using the vi editor in the zsh .
>When I open a vi session and say I do a ":wsfdd" and then try to backspace
>back ,
>I am getting a "^?" . The back-space does not work .
>	Could anybody help me out with this .

This is nothing to do with zsh.  It's a tty settings problem; the system
is confused about your terminal's backspace key, and is probably expecting
it to send ^H.  What you want to do is put

	stty erase '^?'

in your .zprofile file.  I find I actually need more complicated code
that sets the tty erase key to ^? or ^H depending on the terminal type,
because I use several different terminals that send different things, but
if you're only logging on from one place then the above will suffice.
(What I want for Christmas: an operating system that can cope with
multiple erase characters...)

-zefram