RE: 3.1.9 build fails at zftp.c when using Sun's WorkShop Compilers 5.0

> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > For some reason confgiure failed to find the above functions. Look into
> > config.log to see what went wrong. Zftp.c tries to provide replacement
> > implementation and this fails. Are there any error messages in config.log?
>
> None. Related to the mentioned functions are the following lines in
> config.log:
>
> configure:4605: checking for inet_aton
> configure:4605: checking for inet_pton
> configure:4605: checking for inet_ntop

Wow! They were missing here as well :-) (but our compiler was more benign)

I just found, that these live in -lresolv here. Damn, some developers should
be shoot on the spot ... the problem (here, at least) is, that -lresolv MUST
be after -lnsl (else name resolution won't work), so usual configure checks
won't work ... I have to think about it.

Check, in which library these function live under Solaris. I suspect, they are
in -lresolv as well. For now you may manually edit config.h and Makefile(s) to
add needed library and set #define HAVE_missing_function for all of them. The
correct configure test is not as easy and it is too late already :-)

-andrej